Successful First Year for Buckner + Miles
Buckner + Miles, in its first year, is pleased to have earned the following results on behalf of its clients. These cases, ranging from trucking, cruise ship, UTV, boating, and airplane accident cases, to medical malpractice, qui tam, and class action claims, exemplify the wide range of cases that Buckner + Miles successfully resolved in 2016:
- A $15.5 million settlement in a pharmaceutical class action on behalf of several hundred thousand class members who purchased fluoride tablets containing less than half of the amount of fluoride ion claimed on the product’s label.
- A $5.5 million settlement on behalf of a widow and the estate of her late husband arising from a trucking accident that occurred when a tractor-trailer crashed head-on into their vehicle. Buckner + Miles recovered all available insurance coverage for its client within six months of this tragic accident.
- A $5 million settlement for a class of consumers against a self-storage company for deceptive practices involving the sale of self-storage insurance.
- A $3.1 million settlement on behalf of a minor seriously injured while a passenger in a UTV (Utility Task Vehicle).
- A $2 million settlement, including a 28% relator share award for our whistleblower clients, in a qui tam action arising from a health care fraud scheme involving allegations of improper telemarketing to Medicare beneficiaries of diabetic supplies and other durable medical equipment.
- A $1 million settlement for the family of a young woman killed in a boating accident off Dinner Key. Buckner + Miles negotiated this significant recovery in a heavily-litigated federal court case on the eve of trial.
- A confidential settlement for the mother of two children killed in an airplane crash in Jacksonville, Florida.
- A confidential settlement in a medical malpractice case arising from the death of a newborn where medical personnel failed to recognize complications with the infant’s birth and failed to take proper and timely action to address them.
- A confidential settlement on behalf of an elderly client seriously injured while aboard a cruise ship.
While these results do not guarantee that future cases will meet with similar success, they are representative of the wide spectrum of cases that Buckner + Miles handles, and the experience, skill, and professionalism the attorneys at Buckner + Miles bring to bear when addressing every one of their cases. The amounts set forth above are before deductions for attorneys’ fees and costs. If you have a matter involving catastrophic personal injury, class action, medical malpractice, aviation, wrongful death, qui tam or complex commercial litigation, please contact us for a free consultation.