According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), in 2011 accidents sent more than 31 million Americans to the emergency room. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/accidental-injury.htm. Causes of these injuries include automobile accidents and rollovers, truck and motorcycle accidents, falls, burns, ATV and boating accidents, accidental poisoning, child abuse and neglect, nursing home negligence, drowning, unsafe workplaces, dangerous products, assaults at unsafe premises, and animal attacks. The total lifetime costs of these injuries to the United States economy was $671 billion in 2013 alone. http://www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars/overview/cost_of_injury.html.
However, these statistics don’t tell the human side of the story. Accidental injuries can devastate a family and a life. As trusted counsel to our clients, the trial lawyers at Buckner + Miles know how these injuries affect our clients and their families. We are there, standing with our clients and helping them deal with that impact. Accident victims often face daunting medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages. Who you choose to represent you is critically important. We can help.
As trial lawyers representing clients in state and federal courts in Florida and around the United States, we represent those who have suffered serious personal injuries and enable them to receive the compensation to which they are entitled. Among the results obtained by Buckner + Miles attorneys are:
- A $7.7 million settlement for a construction worker who suffered a life-altering brain injury and was permanently disabled when he was struck by a piece of taper tie which fell 14 floors from the building on which he was working and struck him on his hard hat.
- Settlements totaling $3.1 million on behalf of a boy who suffered brain and other injuries as a result of repeated abuse at the hand of his caregiver, after various state agencies and medical personnel failed to intervene on his behalf.
- A $2.75 million judgment against the City of Miami for improperly restraining an autistic young man, leading to his death.
- A $2.3 million verdict for an 80-year-old widow whose 83-year-old husband died after contracting Legionnaires Disease at a J.W. Marriott hotel in Chicago.
- A $2 million settlement on behalf of the family of a Broward Sheriff’s Office Detective who was killed by a suspect during a raid of the suspect’s home.
- A $1.75 million judgment in Volusia County on behalf of Miami doctor who was permanently injured as a result of an automobile accident.
- A confidential settlement for the son of an agricultural worker born without arms or legs as a result of improper application of pesticides.
- A confidential settlement for the family of an electrical worker killed by an explosion in a manhole in downtown Miami.
- A confidential settlement for the husband of a woman who bled to death despite her repeated calls for emergency assistance to her VoIP provider, Comcast, who did not timely provide her address to emergency dispatchers.
- A confidential settlement for a young man rendered a quadriplegic after diving off of a boardwalk at a resort in the Florida Keys.
If you or a loved one has been injured, contact the Florida personal injury attorneys at Buckner + Miles today by calling (305) 964-8003 for a free evaluation of your case. Or, you can fill out the contact form on our website, and someone from the firm will contact you.