An accidental death can devastate a family. In addition to the psychological pain and grief, there are often economic consequences of a wrongful death, including lost income and financial security. We realize that no amount of money can compensate for the loss of a loved one. What it can do is make sure that those left behind are cared for, and that those responsible are held accountable. And sometimes, a wrongful death claim can bring about changes that prevent future deaths and injuries. Helping families recover and rebuild their lives, and fostering positive change so that other families do not go through the same life-altering experience, is why we do what we do.
For more than a decade, the attorneys at Buckner + Miles have provided legal representation to numerous individuals and families affected by the death of a loved one. As trial lawyers representing clients in state and federal courts in Florida and around the United States, we have tried or settled numerous personal injury cases, helping those who have suffered serious personal injury receive the compensation to which they are entitled. Among the results obtained by Buckner + Miles attorneys are:
- A $2.75 million judgment against the City of Miami for improperly restraining an autistic young man, leading to his death.
- A $2.3 million verdict for an 80-year-old widow whose 83-year-old husband died after contracting Legionnaires Disease at a J.W. Marriott hotel in Chicago.
- A $2 million settlement on behalf of the family of a Broward Sheriff’s Office Detective who was killed by a suspect during a raid of the suspect’s home.
- A confidential settlement for the family of an electrical worker killed by an explosion in a manhole in downtown Miami.
- A confidential settlement for the husband of a woman who bled to death despite her repeated calls for emergency assistance to her VoIP provider, Comcast, who did not timely provide her address to emergency dispatchers.
If a wrongful death has touched your family, contact the Florida wrongful death attorneys at Buckner + Miles today by calling (305) 964-8003 for a free evaluation of your case. Or, you can fill out the contact form on our website, and someone from the firm will contact you.